Medical Coordinator Internship
The Coordinator Intern position is responsible for general support functions within the Medical Coordinator Department. This position is under supervision of medical coordinator, acts as liaison for patient, family, referring surgeon, and radiation oncology department during the entire radiation treatment process. All functions must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner. Job is complex and requires that employee have good organization skills and is able to learn and understand the whole radiation treatment procedure.Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates for radiation oncology consult, assists with patient visit
- Obtains referrals and pre-authorization for Radiation treatment.
- Assist Medical Coordinator with obtaining patient records, and diagnostic films, as well as preparing new patient chart before treatment.
- During radiation treatment, provide dedicated patient care to patients.
- Assist nurse with patient care issues as needed.
- Displays a commitment to the value of teamwork by building strong relationships with patients, families, co-worker, and the surrounding community; and being cooperative and collaborative in the performance of duties to promote a unified and spirited work place.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree or higher preferred. Graduate of accredited practical nursing program or medical assistant curriculum or equivalent.Work Experience:
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a busy environment.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff.
- Maintains composure while working under pressure.
- Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what action to take when resolving problems.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive environment.
- Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology
MEDICAL BILLER INTERNSHIP
Biller with knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, proper form completion, and required coding. This person will also need to know basic computer information. We work with patients, other offices’ staff, medical personnel and other office personnel. Customer Service is very important, as the people we contact are either colleagues of our facility, or they are patients.Duties and Responsibilities
- Good communication skill
- Familiar with medical terminology
- Understand ICD and CPT cods
Job Segments: Radiation Oncology
- Supervisory experience required
Under the direction of the Department Administrator, responsible for the supervision of the site's billing and patient financial business systems, including the employees that utilize them. Monitors, summarizes, and solves problems pertaining to activity documented within the CCF patient financial information systems. Performs coding and reimbursement duties associated with the clinical activity of the site. Assures appropriate compliance policies are followed. Assists in patient billing issues. Acts as a resource to providers regarding coding questions. Extensive CPT and ICD9 knowledge required. Computer literacy required. Must be proficient with office based, PC software. Knowledge in medical and anatomical terminology required. Demonstrated ability to manage clerical financial employees, understand the system in which they interact, and address the problems they encounter.
Minimum two years of CPT/ICD9 professional coding, medical billing, and reimbursement experience; and one year supervisory experience Certified Professional Coder (CPC) from the American Academy of Professional Coders or CCS/P. Typical physical demands include a high degree of dexterity to produce materials on a PC, normal or corrected vision, extensive sitting and frequent walking, occasional lifting or carrying 5 to 15 pounds
- Experience as a receptionist, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Warm outgoing personality.
- Ability to work closely with others and to complete tasks as a member of a team.
- Excellent telephone skills and etiquette, demonstrated experience in managing multiple phone lines.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently.
- Must have computer knowledge, Microsoft Excel, and Word experience.
- Knowledge of authorization and verification of patient insurance benefits.
- Basic knowledge of medical billing procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Greet patients; be courteous, polite and helpful at all times when representing Premier Physical Therapy & Wellness.
- Respect and maintain privacy and dignity of patients; knowledge and experience with HIPPA guidelines with respect to assuring patient confidentiality at all times.
- Provide efficient and professional telephone services; transfer calls according to established policy.
- Register patients according to practice policy.
- Determine patient eligibility and benefits for Premier Physical Therapy & Wellness services; assist patients in accurately completing appropriate forms, and document all information according to Premier policy.
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Collect and post patient payments; prepare daily financial close-out and submit all forms and fees to the medical billing department.
- Maintain forms and office supplies required for front desk activities.
- Open the building at the designated time and have all front desk activities fully operational at the start of business hours.
- Close the practice at the end of each working day; assure the readiness of the reception area for the following work day.
- Participate in staff meetings designed for employee development.