Medical Coordinator Internship
The Coordinator Intern position is responsible for general support functions within the Medical Coordinator Department. This position is under supervision of medical coordinator, acts as liaison for patient, family, referring surgeon, and radiation oncology department during the entire radiation treatment process. All functions must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner. Job is complex and requires that employee have good organization skills and is able to learn and understand the whole radiation treatment procedure.Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates for radiation oncology consult, assists with patient visit
- Obtains referrals and pre-authorization for Radiation treatment.
- Assist Medical Coordinator with obtaining patient records, and diagnostic films, as well as preparing new patient chart before treatment.
- During radiation treatment, provide dedicated patient care to patients.
- Assist nurse with patient care issues as needed.
- Displays a commitment to the value of teamwork by building strong relationships with patients, families, co-worker, and the surrounding community; and being cooperative and collaborative in the performance of duties to promote a unified and spirited work place.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree or higher preferred. Graduate of accredited practical nursing program or medical assistant curriculum or equivalent.Work Experience:
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a busy environment.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff.
- Maintains composure while working under pressure.
- Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what action to take when resolving problems.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive environment.
- Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology